Thursday, January 3, 2008

Forum

One of the best presents I have ever received was my membership to the NFT. We saw many glorious movies; I fell asleep in at least two Kurosawa classics. Well, this year, we are attempting to recreate that through membership to the Film Forum in NYC. I have been taking a peek through the schedule for the upcoming months. Very excited about Anatomy of a Murder, which hopefully will be stellar entertainment as well as of geeky lawyerly interest. Of course, however, I've just noticed that it's tomorrow and Saturday and, therefore, I shall be missing it.

But there is a Sidney Lumet retrospective (The Verdict and 12 Angry Men - double lawyer geek!), along with a Preminger one that's already started. And a United Artists 90th Anniversary season, with notable films (that presumably will show) including Spellbound, Stagecoach, Rebecca, High Noon, The African Queen, The Night of the Hunter, 12 Angry Men (again) and, best of all Some Like It Hot (and that's before the 1960s have even started!). I must go and see things I've not seen. Hmm.

However, the other thing I've resolved to do is to watch more of the "classic" films due to the wonders of Netflix. So now just need suggestions as to which list of classic movies to use. After all, IMDB does have a bit of the "new" about it but, looking at it again, it's fairly reliable, it seems. Any other suggestions?

No comments: